Monday, October 15, 2007

toby of the day, 10.13.07

Today we went to Berkeley so jon could stock up on meats at Berkeley bowl. It only took us 20 minutes to get there (plus of course another 15 minutes to park), which is in stark contrast to previous visits when, while sitting in traffic, we could see ducks waddling by faster than we were moving. Toby quickly tired of the store so he and I spent much of our time out front waiting. It turns out that lots of people talk to you when you have a baby. More specifically, lots of people talk to me. Even back when I was younger and wanted to appear unapproachable I was always the person tourists would ask for directions. Now that I have a baby I am apparently more approachable than ever. Jon always says that no one ever talks to him when he carries toby around. I talked to 4 people just during the 20 minutes I sat outside of Berkeley bowl. I also have a list of suggestions that people offered while I was pregnant. For example, according to a toothless woman on the bus, I should have taken toby swimming when he was 6 weeks old. Maybe we’ll do that with the next baby. Although by then, I’m sure we’ll have even more suggestions.

No comments: