Saturday, December 1, 2007

toby of the day, 11.21.2007


Tonight we met carlos and tracy and carlos’ sister for drinks at the orbit room where I had my first martini in 14 months or so. It was delicious. Usually I drink martinis with a little olive juice, and find it difficult to not drink many of them. And then find it difficult to walk, speak, or do much of anything the following day. This time I had just a martini with extra olives. I’m not really sure why. Jon believes that I was trying to sabotage my enjoyment of the martini. But if that was my plan, it didn’t work too well since it was still tasty. Toby was somewhat unimpressed by the orbit room, perhaps because our favorite cross-eyed bartendress wasn't there. Now she makes a mean martini.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

People just do not seem to enjoy a good cocktail over here in Switzerland. Maybe the $14 price tag per mixed drink has something to do with it. Anyway for completely different reasons, I feel like I have not had a good Martini in about 14 months. So I feel your pain, we are in the same boat. Except that I can drink all the beer I want. And Whiskey at home. And when I go traveling to other European countries I can find all manner of delicious cocktails. So maybe it is not really the same boat. Or maybe it is just a really large boat.