Sunday, September 16, 2007

toby of the day, 9.14.2007


number of times toby’s diapers have to leak on me before we break down and buy larger ones: apparently a lot. about the same number of times jon tried to impress me with his biceps.

mid-morning naptime: 11:06am

activities/milestones: we spent a lovely afternoon of beer, sun, and snacks at the park chalet. Toby is getting quite good at grabbing your finger and maneuvering it to his mouth for eating when he gets tired of eating his own hands. Needless to say handwashing has greatly increased around the house. Toby also got to visit the new brewery in the neighborhood. Their service was wonderful, with a confused waitstaff serving us two glasses of beer for every one that we ordered!

5 comments:

BJW said...

Nice blog y'all.

What's a "good luck investigation boat?"

Are y'all really going with cloth diapers? I'm impressed. I was raised on cloth diapers too!

minijumbo said...

in the original godzilla, as a boat heads out to determine the cause of the radioactive glowing out in the ocean, there are people on the shore holding banners that say "good luck investigation boat!". naturally, the investigation boat is quickly eaten. I could ramble on about godzilla being a metaphor for our new lives as parents or something, but really we just found the phrase funny.

and yeah, we are using cloth diapers. they're a bit of work, but I'm quite liking them.

Unknown said...

In this picture and in this picture only, Jon and Toby look like papa ape and baby chimp.

Pisken said...

chimps are very strong, with very large testicles.

BJW said...

Thanks for the explanation. I'm ashamed now for exposing my godzilla illiteracy. I did see that crazy Korean Godzilla knock-off last the, "The Host." Does that get me any bonus points or count as a further deduction for trying to relate a Korean movie to Godzilla?