Sunday, November 4, 2007

Patience

Parents always say that one thing that kids will teach you is patience. I never doubted their words and welcome the change of disposition. And I got to feel it in action the other day. We woke up a few days ago and Toby had this enormous buggar in his nose. I tried my darnedest for a few minutes to try to get it out, but my fingers weren’t right for the job. I dunno how many of you out there have tried to pick a baby’s nose, but it’s pretty hard. Their nostrils just aren’t quite right for adult fingers (look closely at posted picture). I watched the buggar come in and out of sight in his nostril as he breathed heavily, just taunting me. I then tried to use his hand and fingers to lodge it out, but again to no avail. I then began conjuring up plans to get it out using chopsticks or other household utensils, but the image of Toby accidentally getting a frontal lobotomy prevented me from going forward. I figured that could wait for a few more years. So I just waited it out. And eventually, it disappeared. I dunno if it landed on my shirt or on Sarah’s nursing top or in somebody’s mouth, it doesn’t really matter. All that matters is that I didn’t have to wait very long to become the most patient fathers in the world.

No comments: