Saturday, November 10, 2007

toby of the day, 11.05.07

Today I went to san diego, you know, just for the day. Because that’s the kind of savvy business traveler I am. Somehow when I was 7 months pregnant Jon and I wistfully imagined taking our 4-month old son to a meeting of 30,000 neuroscientists would be a great idea. In retrospect, this was one of the silliest ideas we’ve had in a long long time. So today, instead of taking his first flight, toby happily stayed at home with his dad while I went to san diego for less than 12 hours. Mostly it was a good trip, and despite my extreme sleep deprivation, I was able to appear reasonably coherent with only a few instances where my eyes would glaze over while people asked me questions, and only one instance where I looked down to discover I was leaking milk. That’s why it’s always important to bring a sweater, even to southern California during fire season.

No comments: