Wednesday, May 7, 2008

toby of the day, 4.19.2008

After swimming today we headed out to hunter’s point to see a life size replica of the board game “mousetrap”. In the game you move plastic mice around a board while assembling a rube goldberg style mousetrap. I played this game frequently as a child. By played I actually mean I hung out by myself assembling and trying to get the mousetrap to work. The life size one had all the key parts, the rickety stairs, the suspended bathtub, the boot, the teeter-totter. Also like my childhood version, it looked as though after hours of meticulous assembly and testing, it had failed to work. While I was disappointed that we didn’t get to see it run, I was relieved that we weren’t there to watch it be stomped to pieces by a giant, frustrated girl in pigtails, which, again based on my own childhood experience with the game, is what I assume must have happened when it didn’t work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! That's how I played the game too!