Saturday, May 17, 2008

toby of the day, 4.27.2008

we spent today in the park with isaac next to the dutch windmill. I specify that it was the dutch windmill as there are apparently two windmills in golden gate park and I wouldn't want you to conjure images in your head of us next to the wrong one. anyway, it was quite sunny, especially by san francisco standards, and so we coated toby in sunscreen, long sleeves, and a hat. Why that didn’t prompt jon or I to also slather on sunscreen I don’t know. I would describe jon as off-white while I’m sort of transluscent blue, both of which are colors of pale desperately in need of sun protection. Needless to say, our lack of sunscreen was a mistake. Compounding my feelings of stupidity, after we returned home, jon called me dumb when I didn't remember a bass line for a song we were working on a few years ago. To demonstrate my dumbness, he went to find the digital recorder where he had, moments before, been listening to the song. But the recorder was nowhere to be found. After thirty minutes of searching and some veiled accusations that I was hiding it, toby discovered it under a frisbee in the living room where jon had hidden it to keep it out of toby’s mouth. I think that makes the score toby 2, jon and sarah 0, at least as long as we don’t lose points for being dumb. If that’s the case then we’re both screwed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He may be winning the game 2 to zip, but what is with that hairstyle! Get the hippie a haircut! Shave those side burns!